Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Black or White

I played a game in Cyber Oro this morning and my username is viento. From the nigiri* result I’m playing White, which give me a 6.5 komi. This was the third time I’m confused by the color estimation, the first time was an online game and second one was the league game that I played in the Japanese Club where my opponent was Sin Voon aka Xinwen.

As many people know, Cyber Oro do has a function namely Score Estimation and what distinguished it from other GO* servers was it can make score estimation while the game is going. I used it often and I know that was not a thing a Dan player should do.

What really happen was I’m using white and when I press the score estimator I’ll automatically thought that my opponent was white and hence I thought I was behind because of the komi. I tried very hard to chase after the points and in the end of it I thought I was losing one point on the board. As the game end I realized that I’ve the color disorder again. The reason for this was I’m using black too much in the few previous games.

I hope that this won’t happen in the future games, especially tournament time because I’ll make some unreasonable moves to invade which will probably cause me the game.

REF:
  1. Nigiri is a Japanese GO term [lit. Grab] adopted into English, referring to the procedure common in Japan at the beginning of an even game to decide who will play the black stones.
  2. GO - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_(board_game)

1 comment: