Monday, June 8, 2009

Depth Reading; Meijin

Here I would like to share a game that I reviewed today, the 33rd Meijin Title Match, game Three. This game was interesting in the sense of the depth reading by the current Meijin; Cho U.

In the Diagram I below, the move 99 starts a fierce attack by Cho U, this move was backed up with the profound analysis of depth reading, in which black will eventually trap the middle white stones. 


Diagram I

Diagram II shows the final results of the attack once black switch to move 141, notice that the top left white group was under attack.

Diagram II

The game went through an interesting flow, in which both players hallucinated once in the tense moment of the fighting. I will not go through it, since it’ll need long explanations. 

The 1st league of the Malaysia Weiqi Asscociation has ended. Following is my results throughout the league that span from February 7th to May 2nd 2009. It was not a good result for me but I’ll put up more effort in the 2nd league.




1 comment: